Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I will not get a dog! I will not get a dog!

Last week I was perusing Craigslist's magnificent list of free stuff. I've never actually pursued any of the ads, but it's fascinating to see what people are giving away. There's always the usual firewood and, for some odd reason, baby formula, but I've also seen things like pianos and printing presses.

Last week, someone was giving away a free Jack Russell Terrier. I love those dogs and we've been taking the boys to pet stores a lot lately, which has me thinking. Collin screams and laughs every time he sees a dog. The boys would love a new pal. And Zach is away for work this week, and wouldn't it be nice to have a dog when Zach's away? No! I am determined I won't get a dog, and here, in case of future weak moments, are my top ten reasons why:

10. Dogs smell gross.
9. Dog food + veterinarians + vaccinations = no dinero.
8. Priorities ... we don't even have a house yet
7. We don't have a yard either.
6. Babies may require diapers but a dog will never learn to use the toilet.
5. It's hard enough for us to travel without getting a dog sitter.
4. Barking, Shedding, Drooling, ugh.
3. The dog might bite the boys.
2. The boys might bite the dog.
1. No ... just .... no!

Self, do yourself a favor and resist those puppy dog eyes! You're welcome!

2 comments:

Super Angie said...

Yes! need to make a list like this too! Steve wants a dog really bad. He seems to forget that we live in a house the size of a postage stamp. :)

Natalie said...

You will give in some day! I wish David wanted a dog :(.