Thursday, November 19, 2009

My twins are two

Grant and Collin turned two today. I can't believe it. It just sickens me that little kids have to grow up so quickly. Why can't they just stay young and innocent and care-free?

I want them to grow up, it's just if I could prolong the process I think I would be a little less overwhelmed by the warp speed growth. Nevertheless, I came to terms with it and threw a little party for them and their pre-school group today.
The invitations: I have always been an opponent of scrapping, but I may have loved making this. What's happening to me?
The shirts are a bit small, but they'll do.

My newly painted white chairs go great with the decor!

Thing one and thing two cupcakes with cotton candy hair.
The party favors: blue play dough in tiny "fish bowls".
Green eggs and ham.
Grant stayed awake for the whole party. Collin did not.

P.S. Party inspiration came from here, here, and here. I love the Internet.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

What an awesome party! The theme is just perfect and I love the favors and cup cakes! Who would have thought to put cotton candy on top! Yum!

Caroline said...

This looked like so much fun! I can't believe they are two either.

Erika said...

I'm so sad we weren't able to come:( IT looked like so much fun!!!

jax from the harmon squad said...

So fun!! (although in my delicate state, the green eggs did make me want to vomit)

shelley said...

adorable. great job! thing one and thing two. i think that's what i'll call them from now on. although, which is which?!?

Super Angie said...

I am overwhelmed by the adorableness of this post. :)

andrea said...

I was telling Andrew all about your amazing party planning skills. Caroline carried her fishbowl around all afternoon. It was hilarious.

Sawyers Family said...

We had so much fun! I loved all of the decorations.
Thanks for inviting us over!

Laura L Giddens said...

what a darling party! yes, the internet may be my favorite thing in the whole world...