Monday, January 11, 2010

When DIYers go crazy

After last weekend I am the proud new owner of two unfinished chair frames and a badly abused loveseat, as well as 5 yards of fresh upholstery foam, 5 yards of webbing, 5 1/2 yards of chocolate upholstery fabric and 1,500 upholstery staples.

Grant likes it.
 
Maybe it was the fifths disease that caused my brain to talk me into taking on this project.

It was amazing how quickly we tore apart our new little love seat. We spent the weekend removing staples and watching upholstery how-to videos that convinced us we can do this -- even though we have no clue what we are doing. Our hands are stinging like crazy. I almost cried today when I couldn't open a jar of pasta sauce. Ouch. But pain is beauty. I can't wait for my new living room furniture to be done!


I think I am going to put my love seat right here and put the piano by the stairs. I am still wanting to paint it but I changed my mind about blue. Now I am entertaining white or gold. I also wanted to show off this painting we scored at a consignment shop. It is so calming. Sometimes i just stand on the stairs at look at it.

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Good Luck!

Super Angie said...

This is so far beyond anything I've ever attempted. You have my admiration. The loveseat is going to look AMAZING when it's done!

andrea said...

You guys are so awesome. I can't wait for more "after" pics.

Sawyers Family said...

I would so love to tackle a job like you're doing right now! How fun! I wish you luck...and just think of how strong your hands will be when you're all done!!

Greg and Nicolle said...

I LOVE that love seat frame... so beautiful. Can't wait to see your finished product.

Natalie said...

You are so ambitious! You GO girl!

A Hunter said...

I agree with you about the picture. I love those blues in it.