Sunday, August 21, 2011

2555

Today at church Zach showed me his phone. The screen said 2,555. "That's how many days we've been married" he said. I didn't know whether to laugh at him or slug him. I don't like to brag about it too much, because I don't want anyone falling in love with him, but the last 2,555 days with Zach have been a pleasure.

When I am pregnant is possibly when I feel the most grateful I married him. Being married to an emotionally unstable, demanding pregnant woman cannot be the easiest job on the planet. I have sent him for midnight food runs, lamented to him about my shrinking wardrobe and forced a ridiculous amount of tasks on him that I feel must be done before baby arrives.

Last week I was doing  dishes. The countertop and my belly were vying for position and I announced "I can't do this anymore."  How did I do this when I was pregnant with twins? I will tell you. I never did the dishes. Zach did them the whole nine months. And where was I? Sleeping. It was wonderful, even though it took me three months after the boys were born to get everything back where I liked it in the kitchen.

I am lucky I married someone who loves me when I am at my best and when I am not at my best. I love Zach too and look forward to the next 2,555 days and beyond. Happy anniversary!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

YEAH!! Happy Anniversary you guys!

Natalie said...

Congrats and happy anniversary! You guys are too cute!

Erika said...

Loved this post! Happy belated anniversary:)

Erika

Hillary said...

That is so sweet! I am happy to hear the my big bro is such a good husband. And you deserve it... we Webb's are lucky to have you in our family. Take care in the coming weeks! We love you guys and think of you often.