Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Sweetest Day!

I'll bet you didn't know that Ohio has it's own holiday. Unless you're from Ohio. I learned about it last year. One of my co-workers was telling me how a friend of hers had just gotten engaged. "It's dumb though", she said "because next Saturday is Sweetest Day. He should have just waited."

Huh? Sweetest day? Are we from the same country? As it turns out, yes we are. And I think I like Sweetest day. It started in Cleveland when it used to be the biggest city in the United States (or was it third? I don't remember). You can read about it here. My biggest quarrel with Sweetest day is its timing. Don't cram another holiday in the fall/winter lineup of holidays. Never the less, it is a good chance to tell your friends, family and significant others you love them. To my Ohio friends and all the rest, Happy Sweetest Day!

Love,

Amber and the Webbs (Photo Courtesy of Wikipedia)

No comments: