Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream a la North Carolina

This one's kind of an original. In other words, I didn't read the recipe before hand so I didn't have all the ingredients that I needed Sunday afternoon. So I had to improvise.

Ingredients:


4 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup whipping cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
4 cups fresh strawberries, washed and hulled

With ingredients like this, how could you go wrong?

Directions:

In a large bowl, mix milk, sugar, vanilla, whipping cream and sweetened condensed milk. Puree the strawberries in a blender and add to milk mixture. Freeze in that ice cream maker you got for your wedding and hardly ever use (aren't you glad you didn't re-gift that?) according to manufacturer's instructions. Unless you have my ice cream maker. Then go ahead and double the time recommended by the manufacturer. Pour ice cream into a freezer-safe container and freeze for four hours. Yummmmmm.

No comments: