Wednesday, October 6, 2010

An Anniversary

A year ago this week we moved into our house. To celebrate, we cut a hole in the ceiling
 ... and installed a light fixture.

Home ownership has kept us busy. In the past year we:

Replaced 11 of the original light fixtures and added 2 more
Stained the back deck
Replaced the rotting railing on the front stairs

Painted our kitchen and living room - with the help of my brother and dad
Cut down a tree
Replaced siding that fell off our house - twice
And framed this mirror
Framing the mirror made us realize we need to replace the light fixture. If we replace this light fixture we will have to repaint the bathroom. If we repaint the bathroom, we will want to replace the flooring. If we live to be 100, we will never finish all our "projects". That's ok though, we still love being home owners.

5 comments:

The McNabbs said...

If you give a moose a muffin...I totally understand! We have so many half-done projects! But it's really rewarding when they're done, huh?

Natalie said...

I so want to learn how to frame a mirror! Can you teach me? Maybe that will help complete the bathroom makeover we've been working on for five years.

B said...

I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes owning a home is just plain overrated!

jax from the harmon squad said...

I can totally relate... every time I finish a project I add 5 more to the list:)

Hillary said...

Wow! It's already been a year in your home. That's amazing! Though the projects must seem endless... how fun it must be to have your own home and make it the way you want. Preston and I look forward to that.